CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 28, 2007

The Great Outdoors


I’m going camping this weekend, in beautiful Algonquin Park. The last time I went camping it snowed. Yup, nothing like walking out in yer underwear and scraping snow and ice off the tent. However in the 17 years since then I’ve completely abandoned any “purist” notions of camping. This time I’m renting a “yurt”, which is a semi-permanent pre-constructed 16 foot diameter tent that’s already in place in one of the campgrounds. On Saturday morning I will drive up, open the door, toss everything inside and then enjoy the great outdoors. I will bring a coffee maker, an electric griddle, and a radio so I can listen to hockey playoffs and baseball games. Occasionally I will plug in my iPod. “Roughing it” will be confined to using a public shower.

However at some point I WILL capture squirrels, skin ‘em and slow roast them on a spit. Hey, gotta get back to nature somehow…

0 comments: