CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 26, 2007

And speaking of airlines…

A few years back I was too stupid to weasel my way out of jury duty and spent 3 days with people I normally wouldn’t share 3 minutes with. Actually that’s unfair, most of them were really nice folks, I just didn’t have much in common with them and I’m not the most outgoing fellow. During our first coffee break together (they ALWAYS keep you together when court is in session) everyone engaged in the ritualistic icebreaking “so what do you do” small talk. Turns out one young woman was a flight attendant for the now defunct Canada 3000 airline. When the gent who was chatting with her asked “is it true that the rear of the plane is the safest place to sit” without missing a beat she replied “well, you don’t see too many planes BACKING into the side of a mountain”. This still makes me laugh.

0 comments: