CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

A mean feat

I have to admit that I’ve never understood the motivation behind the act of being mean to people. Seriously, being mean is a malicious action that requires effort, and there’s neither goodwill nor personal satisfaction involved. I’m not a psychologist but I’m convinced that meanness, like most forms of emotionally “acting out”, stems from insecurity. Meanness especially is some sort of pre-emptive strike ie if I lash out at your for no apparent reason then I am untouchable and therefore cannot be hurt myself. This borders on sociopathic or psychopathic behaviour, which is to say a destructive act without conscience and therefore without remorse.

The next time you read something that fits into the description above, consider the source.

0 comments: