CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm mad as hell...

I'm so sick of politicians and beaurocrats jumping on the bandwagon at our expense.

I'm talking about BC Premier Gordon Campbell's "Carbon Tax", which will raise the price of gas by 7.2 cents/litre over the next 3 years. The trickle-down effect, from air transport to the cost of food, will be enormous. And why are WE paying for this? Because Campbell and his sidekick, Finance Minister Carole Taylor, say "we all have to do our part for the environment". The BC LIberals wish to be seen as the "green party".

I agree, we DO have to do our part for the environment - but they are offering NO ALTERNATIVES TO DRIVING. The only public transit option I have from my home in Mission BC to my workplace in Richmond BC is a train into downtown Vancouver, then 2 buses back to Richmond. Travel time is 2.5 hours EACH WAY. I will NOT spend 5 hours a day commuting.

When I asked my MLA and Carol Taylor how public transit will be improved, which I'm assuming is what the Carbon tax is all about, neither of them were able to answer. In both cases they passed the buck onto another level of government.

I cannot afford to sell my vehicle and buy a hybrid.

I WANT to find alternatives, but our highly paid government officials are not offering any.

At a time when gas prices are at an all time high, and still rising, the BC Liberals are going to make us pay even more so that they can look good.

See you at the polls folks.

0 comments: