CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Levee's gonna break


Having just moved to Vancouver, and while we’re waiting to take possession of our newly purchased house, I’m bunking with my boss, an amazing man with a huge brain, a huge heart, and a really big TV.

Looking through his DVD collection the other day, I found Michael Moore’s “Sicko”. This is one of the most depressing films I’ve ever seen. You think America is screwed? Wrong. They’re not simply “screwed”, they are in total decline. We are actually witnessing, in our lifetime, the decline and fall of what was once the most powerful nation on earth. I’m not just basing this on a Michael Moore film, I’m basing it on cold hard fact.

Their economy is toast. They are mired in a war that is costing billions and billions of dollars. Their federal government is corrupt to the point that they can no longer even keep their own lies straight. Their media mouthpiece is one of the most well-funded television networks on the air, Fox. Their friends are “good Christian people”, everyone else is “evil” or “connected to terrorism”.

The United States government no longer has the power, nor the want, to protect the freedom that it is supposedly fighting and dying for. It is a tired, filthy, burned-out shell of a once great empire.

This is very surreal. For most of us, the collapse of nations and civilizations has always been limited to history books. We are now seeing it first hand.

For the longest time I was thrilled, still am really, to be alive at the dawn of the “Digital Age”. This, this is something else entirely, a fearsome specter that I would never have dreamt I would see in my lifetime.

0 comments: